Video

For general discussion of the UltraSmartCharger
johnsonlam

Re: Video

Postby johnsonlam » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Hello,

Thank you! All response really helping, I'm not sure my Win7 PC have anything wrong, I've tried several time with different USB port, but still not working, but one of the USB port did find the name "FTDI 231x UART", so I search Internet and downloaded the "CDM v2.12.10 WHQL Certified" driver.

After installing the driver and swap the different port a few times, finally Win7 install the COM7 for me.
Again, thanks for helping.

And seems my old GP1800 battery have too high IR (2446 m ohm), charger aborted.

Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:23 am

Thanks for the update. I've never had to manually install a driver for the FTDI 231x on Windows 7, so it's a bit strange that you had to do that!

With those high resistance cells, you can still charge them with this charger - just start the charge again and it will automatically start charging even if the IR is higher than the set limit. Just keep in mind that the charging rate will be automatically reduced due to the high resistance, so it will probably take a while to charge them. With that level or IR, I'd actually call them pretty much useless - they'd only really be usable in very low drain devices such as analog wall clocks...

Opi

Postby Opi » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:33 pm

johnsonlam wrote:
Mark wrote:Actually, it could be a micro USB cable that you need - Paul did mention to me previously that he was looking at changing to micro USB.

My board don't have it.
I've sent a message to Paul via Kickstarter.

It should be automatically detected as a COM port. You could try emailing Paul directly, or if you can send me a detailed photo of your charger, I can let you know whether it has the USB to serial controller on it.

Attached in this message, thanks.

What version or rev is the board in your image? Is it a newer or older version of the charger?

Return to “General Discussion”